At an emergency meeting Thursday, the mogul's concern with taking a leave of absence was that there were no assurances that he would be allowed to return at some point in the future.
While Harvey Weinstein told The New York Times that he is planning a leave of absence as co-chairman of The Weinstein Co. following the paper's exposé, the mogul doesn't want to be banished from his company permanently.
Last night, the Weinstein Co. board held an emergency meeting — a scream-filled session of infighting among members — in New York with Weinstein present. At the meeting, Weinstein's concern with taking a leave from the board and his role as co-chairman was that there were no assurances that he would be allowed to return in the future, a source tells The Hollywood Reporter. On Friday, Dirk Ziff resigned from TWC's board.
EXCLUSIVE: NBC's '$69 MILLION mistake!' Network executives slam the floundering Megyn Kelly as they reveal she is making $23M yearly in a three-year deal for her morning show - rivaling salaries of Matt Lauer and Jimmy Fallon
• Megyn Kelly is raking in $23m a year for her new NBC morning show and is locked in for the next three years, DailyMailTV exclusively revealed
• Network executives have slammed the former Fox News host saying that her salary is 'obscene' and a 'slap in the face' to other NBC veteran stars
• Matt Lauer, who has been at NBC for 23 years, has an estimated salary of $25m, Jimmy Fallon, who is host of a popular late night show, earns around $15m.
• One high-ranking insider said: 'How on earth can they justify paying her $69m for three years?'
• Another added: 'The network that created Barbara Walters, Tom Brokaw and Matt Lauer will now forever be remembered for the $69m hire of Megyn Kelly'
• The 46-year-old left Fox News in January and launched her new mid-morning program in late September
• Kelly's show has dipped in ratings, and she has been excoriated for not connecting with her audience and awkward guest encounters
• Latest rating reports reveal that Kelly's show on Wednesday had a low viewership, a 1.5 overall rating and a .08 rating among women 25 to 54
The Official Lionel Nation Store: http://www.cafepress.com/theofficiallionelnationstore
Sign up for Lionel's Newsletter and Truth Warrior manifestos. http://lionelmedia.com/2015/05/04/information-is-the-currency-of-the-21st-century-lionel-2010-ce/
Subscribe to Lionel YouTube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/LionelY2K
Official Lionel Website: http://www.lionelmedia.com
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lionelmedia
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/lionelmedia/
Periscope — https://www.periscope.tv/LionelNation/
Email – email@example.com
Lionel Bio: http://lionelmedia.com/about-lionel/
Lionel Nation Google+ – https://plus.google.com/u/0/117173180841470374058
The Lebron Law Firm Website – http://www.lebronfirm.com
Lionel Nation podcasts on iTunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/lionel-nation/id1015647476 Lionel Nation podcasts on audioBoom – http://audioboom.com/lionelmedia
Lionel Nation podcasts on Stitcher – http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/lionel-nation
Official Facebook Fan Page – http://www.facebook.com/lionelfanpage
The Lebron Law Firm Facebook Page – http://www.facebook.com/lebronfirm
The Lebron Law Firm Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lebronfirm