Girlfriend of Las Vegas shooter is met by the FBI at LAX as she arrives back in the US from the Philippines in a wheelchair after police confirmed she IS a person of interest in the case - as details of her 'double life' emerge
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Marilou Danley, the girlfriend of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock, was met by the FBI at LAX on Tuesday
- She is considered a 'person of interest' following the massacre Paddock carried out in Las Vegas Sunday
- A report claims that she may have been married to two men at once and used two Social Security numbers
- Paddock, 64, gunned down 58 from a hotel room and wounded hundreds of others before shooting himself
- Danley, believed to be an Australian citizen, had been in the Philippines for 10 days before the shooting
- Investigators say that Paddock transferred $100,000 to the Philippines shortly before the massacre
- Paddock was known for berating his girlfriend at their local Starbucks and the abuse 'happened a lot'
- Records show that Danley and Paddock lived together in a two-bedroom home on Babbling Brook Court
- Paddock had a total of 47 guns, 23 of which were in the hotel room - of those, 12 had fully automatic fire
- He put cameras in the peephole of his room's door and in a room service cart outside so he could see SWAT
This is the moment the girlfriend of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock, who killed 58 people and wounded 527 others over the weekend, was met by federal investigators after landing at LAX airport in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
The girlfriend of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock, who killed 58 people and wounded 527 others over the weekend, was met by federal investigators after landing at LAX airport in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
Marilou Danley, who authorities described as a 'person of interest' following Sunday's shooting spree, arrived in the US at 7.17pm PST after a flight from the Philippines, according to ABC News. She was seen being wheeled through LAX in a wheelchair in footage obtained by NBC News.
The 62-year-old was wearing a hat and light blue jacket and was pushing a black suitcase in front of her. It is not yet clear where she was then taken or why she was in the wheelchair.
A police official revealed she voluntarily returned to the US in a bid to 'clear her name' of any involvement in the massacre. Her siblings have since broken their silence saying she was unaware of Paddock's motives.
This morning a report claimed that Marilou may have been married to two men at once, used two Social Security numbers, lived in multiple addresses in several different states and had two dates of birth.
It comes as police released terrifying bodycam footage that shows Las Vegas cops racing towards Paddock's sniper nest as he unleashed minute upon minute of automatic weapons fire on concert-goers below.
Scroll down for video
What does she know? Marilou Danley was pictured being escorted through Los Angeles airport by security and what appears to be the LAPD
Back in the US: Marilou, 62, was seen in a wheelchair while clutching a suitcase and shielding her face with a visor. It is unclear why she was in a wheelchair
Marilou Danley (right), the girlfriend of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock (left), was met by the FBI at LAX on Tuesday
Photos of Las Vegas shooter, Stephen Paddock - seen in Manila (Philippines) in 2013 with relatives of his girlfriend, Marilou Danley; Marilou is believed to be in the purple top
In another image believed to have been taken in Las Vegas in 2014, Paddock (circled) is seen with a large group in a nightclub. Danley is pictured second right
Police have released terrifying bodycam footage that shows Las Vegas cops racing towards Paddock's sniper nest as he unleashed minute upon minute of automatic weapons fire on concert-goers below
As police continued to probe the motives behind Paddock's atrocity, it was revealed:
- Paddock was prescribed an anti-anxiety medication four months before carrying out his shooting atrocity
- Police filmed the terrifying moment they rushed towards the Mandalay Bay Resort as Paddock opened fire
- His girlfriend Marilou Danley was 'married to two men at once and used two Social Security numbers'
- Mass murderer Paddock, 64, was known for berating his 62-year-old girlfriend at their local Starbucks
- Her siblings have broken their silence saying she was unaware of his motivation to commit such an atrocity
- Leaked photos showed Paddock's body lying on the floor after SWAT teams had stormed into his hotel room
- Paddock hid cameras in a room service cart outside the rooms he rented and in the peephole of a room's door
Authorities in the Philippines said that Danley, 62, had been in Manila since September 22, more than a week before the shooting.
Police now hope she can give some insight into why her boyfriend carried out mass murder but it remains unclear if she had prior knowledge of the shooting, according to The New York Times.
Just a week before Sunday's event, Paddock had wired an estimated $100,000 to The Philippines.
Paddock sent the money to an account before setting up a sniper's nest on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel on Sunday.
Law enforcement officials who confirmed the wire transfer to NBC did not reveal who the bank account belongs to. Danley has not been charged with a crime.
Before Paddock opened fire on hundreds of civilians over the weekend, he was known for his tendency to berate his girlfriend at their local Starbucks. The pair were regulars at the Starbucks inside the Virgin River Casino in Mesquite.
But Paddock also had a habit of berating Danley in front of the coffee-chain's employees, according to Esperanza Mendoza.
Mendoza, who is the supervisor at the Starbucks, told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that the abuse 'happened a lot'.
The pair always ordered the same drinks. Paddock would get a venti mocha cappuccino and Danley would get a medium caramel macchiato.